Karelj at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity is hosting another amazing blog hop this month in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The main blog candy giveaway is the Dreams Come True Cricut Cartridge. The donation was made by an anonymous donor. In order to be eligible you must leave a comment on each stop along the hop. Be sure to include a way for Karelj to contact you. Karelj will be selecting a winner with random.org on the 18th on her blog.
Ok, now on to my little project- Dreaming of a Better World.
Since next month is also Black History Month, I decided to do a little mini album for not only Dr King but other important Black Americans. My intent is for this to be sort of a learning tool for my daughter when she gets a little older. My thinking right now is that she will start with these ten people, has she learns about them and knows who they are then I can remove them and add ten new ones. Then eventually, I will have a little library to rotate through so she can learn about black history as well as it will be fun and pretty. *smile* Because let's face it I love when things are pretty.
On the inside I created ten little tags to go inside of each pocket. I created four that were 4"x2.5" and four that were 5"x2.75". Then on each tag I added the picture of my individual on the front side. Then on the back side I added their name, birth/death date and a small blurb about what importance they had to black history. From there, I did some simple embellishments.

For those of you that are curious the ten people that I made cards for were: Dr. King, Rosa Parks, Thurgood Marshall, Frederick Douglass, Mae Jemison (one of my favorite women!), Bessie Coleman, Shirley Chisholm, and Langston Hughes.
Hope you enjoyed my little project. Next hop on over to Krista and Kori at 2 Crafty Chics. They are sure to have something fun for you!
In case you get lost here is a complete list-
1. Karelj at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity http://karelj.blogspot.com
2. Nicolette at Beyond Scrapping www.beyondscrapin.blogspot.com
3. Christel at Scrappin' Sista http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com4. Celeste at Touched By a Butterfly www.touchedbyabutterfly.blogspot.com
5. Rachel Henahan at Suburban Crafter http://www.rachelstampshappy.blogspot.com/
6. Stephanie at SS Crafter http://sscrafter.blogspot.com/
7. Col at Col's Creative Corner at www.scrappycol.blogspot.com
8. Jessica at Overjoyed Scrapper www.overjoyedscrapper.blogspot.com <<<---- YOU ARE HERE!
9. Krista and Kori at 2 Crafty Chicks http://2craftychics.blogspot.com/
10. Gina at Gina Thornton Stamping http://ginathorntonstamping.blogspot.com/
11. Monique at Unique Monique at http://uniquemonique01.blogspot.com
12. Kathryn at Creations with Kathryn at http://wamfamily.blogspot.com/
XOXO





Just awesome, I love what you did. Great hop
ReplyDeleteThat is an amazing project! How very clever and attractive too! Very impressive! TFS!
ReplyDeleteXO ~ Amy Jo
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
What an incredible way for your daughter to learn of the amazing men and women who have fought so hard for Civil Rights in our country. The fight goes on, although much has been done. Thank you so much for sharing this hop with me--I cherish you as one of my dreams! Karelj
ReplyDeleteGreat project!! Very beautifull.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing it.
postaisdajoana at gmail dot com
I love that little album! Wish I had this idea when I home-schooled my son; I think I could have put math and science in there too!
ReplyDeletek
kopperhead@cox.net
Great mini album. I love the idea too & it will be a great learning tool for your daughter. TFS!
ReplyDeleteOh wow such a wonderful idea... It will be a wonderful way for her to learn.... Soooo creative..
ReplyDeleteHuggs
Celeste
Thank you so much for reminding me about the file fold. It is so versatile. She will learn what was important to you and a lot about American History, because everyone of them had a dream that they followed.
ReplyDeleteDebbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
Amazing Mini and Tags so inspirational! TFS
ReplyDeleteGreat album and very pretty. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletevwilson577 at yahoo dot com
Wow that's amazing. You did a great job. TFS
ReplyDeleteyorkielov at gmail dot com
What a fabulous idea and you made a beautiful album for your daughter.
ReplyDeleteWhat a GREAT project! Love the idea of sharing such great information with my children and grandchildren. TFS
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! You did an awesome job on this mini album.
ReplyDeletespunkycrayon at yahoo dot com
I loved your project. I sure your daughter will enjoy learning about these important people using your project!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to teach your daughter about history. I wish something of this nature were available to all school children to learn and hopefully help to make the world a better place! *Hugs*
ReplyDeleteWow, great project, perfect to make learning and little more prettier, lol! TFS!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful way for your daughter to learn. Great job. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win. I am a follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteWow...this is so cool! Great job
ReplyDeleteAmazing album, love the colors you used on it. The cards were beautiful.
ReplyDeleteShersL84bed at aol dot com
Very impressive card! I'm gonna give that a try. Thanks for the hop and the chance to win the Dreams come true cart that someone donated. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteGreat album! I love all the detail work! awesome job
ReplyDeletekacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com
wonderful way to show your daughter history in a fun way...great job.. donna westloopsters@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and functional...what more could you ask for? This is really great.
ReplyDeletekgprevost(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
http://kathyskraftsandmore.blogspot.com/
Absolutely amazing. I love how you incorporated history in your project. I'm sure your daughter will treature this for years to come. TFS and the chance to win!
ReplyDeleteChristel a.k.a. Scrappin' Sista
Blog Hop Sista
www.onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
Oh Wow!!! This is so awesome. You really did a wonderful job and I think what you did was a great learning tool as well. Kudos!!!!
ReplyDeleteMichelle
mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
What an amazing project and a great learning tool! You did a wonderful job on it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
reneeleeak at yahoo dot com
WOW, a really amazing project and one that would be perfect for a project at school. TFS you did a wonderful job witht the papers.
ReplyDeleteKathryn
wamfamily(at)surewest(dot)net
Awesome project!!! Very creative!!!
ReplyDeleteannadowdy at gmail dot com
Jessica this is AWESOME! What a grea tlook into history for your DD! Amazing detail! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for hopping along with us!!
Gina
GRKIDDO at Verizon
dot net
Awesome album! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYou did an amazing job with your album! I just love your idea of using it as a tool to teach your daughter. I love the colors you used and how you made the tags. Great job!
ReplyDeleteSheree
cravinscrappin.blogspot.com
OMG my favorite poem is by Langston Hughes :) I read this in the 5th grade.
ReplyDeleteWhat happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up
Like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?
Langston Hughes
WONDERFUL, wonderful idea and album. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteFantastic idea and beautiful album!
ReplyDeletelynlee4@gmail.com
That is an awsome idea! I love it! Thanks for sharing! jleishman6@comcast.net
ReplyDeleteJessica Leishman
darling!!!! fabulous color combo and design....
ReplyDeletecardchick50 (at) gmail (dot) com
Inspiring and very pretty!
ReplyDeleteMelissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com
Fantastic mini album, excellent job!!
ReplyDeleteCindy
miller896042 at bellsouth dot net
Fantabulous mini album and I especially love how you incorporated the Fun facts......Great learning tool....TFS..I am now a follower...
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful idea! I could see a similar project working well in a classroom!
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
Amanda (als1048@gmail.com)
This is a great project! So gorgeous, and such a wonderful learning tool! I'm sure it will be one of the items your daughter grows to cherish. Love it! tcmiller1 at aol dot com
ReplyDeleteWonderful album idea, may have to do a little scrap lifting. Just became a follower. pammejo1@yahoo.com
ReplyDeletehttp://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/
Love your album. So sweet! May God continue to bless you
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Audrey
audrey@rosemansroost.com
Hey Jessica
ReplyDeleteNow this is amazing, I love all the detail you put in this.
I am a follower of your blog
TFS
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove(at)aol(dot)com
What a wonderful idea. Bet your daughter will love it!
ReplyDeleteJust became a follower.
angehincks@hotmail.com
Amazing project; I really love it
ReplyDeleteKathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom
Fabulous mini book..I'm now a follower!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome project!
ReplyDeletejtg0398@sbcglobal dot net
I am still so amazed by your project! I'm so loving this blog hop with you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful teaching tool! I love this!
ReplyDeletehttp://stephaniejohnsonscraps.blogspot.com
Your mini-album is so amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteVery nice idea.
ReplyDeleteVinDeeLoo
vndlewis at rocketmail dot com
Great album. Love how you made it.
ReplyDeleteusername at yahoo dot com
OMG!! What amazing talent you have, and to share with us. I love love love it!!! I want to make one for myself. I will be back. pennykitz@charter.net
ReplyDeletehttp://pennykitz.blogspot.com/