Hopefully, you have arrived from Celeste at Touched by a butterfly. If you haven't head back her direction to start at the beginning.
I will be showing you two calendar layouts today. One for January and one for September. Sorry for the picture overload, but I wanted to make sure I was explaining myself well.
For January's layout I did a winter theme. I started with a piece of patterned paper that had one large snowflake on the bottom corner. I decided to fussy cut around the snowflake so I could mount it to white cardstock.
I then cropped three pictures (2 at roughly 2.5x4 and 1 at roughly 4x4) and mounted them on glitter pink cardstock. I then added the pictures and snowflake to white cardstock. I then tucked some of the pictures underneath the snowflake to add some more dimension.
From there I punched several snowflakes out for the leftover blue of the original paper, chocolate cardstock and the glitter pink cardstock in two different sizes. Both punches were Martha Stewart punches I bought at Michael's. (One is even on clearance right now because it is considered a Christmas item) I added those throughout the LO.
After adhering all of the snowflakes, I add some extra little bling to the centers for good measure.
I felt like the top corner was missing something so I decided to add some ribbon. I thought this would be the perfect place for the month tile. At the last minute I decided it needed a title. I was thinking at the end of the year, I can remove the January and add the LO directly to an album.
The final page.
For the calendar page, I started with white cardstock. With a pencil, I lightly sketched out a square grid at 1.5" squares from top to bottom. From the side to side, I drew my first line at 0.75 and then every line after that at 1.5" all the way across. From there I used some old letter and number stamps that I had to add the days of the week and numbers. I added in some ribbon on the top and some snow stickers to carry the theme. The only holidays I selected to add to the calendar were Martin Luther King, Jr day and New Year's Day.
I then used regular old fashioned Elmer's glue to draw the vertical lines and add Martha Stewart's pink glitter on top. I liked it with out the horizontal lines so I called it a day.
I went back and erased all pencil lines before I had a finished product.
For September's pages, I decided to go with something much more simple. I love fall! For me, this is the best time of the year. I used Bo Bunny papers for this layout. I thought they fit the theme so well. I started with a piece of brown cardstock. Then, selected three pieces of patterned paper and cut them at 4x10, 4.5x9, 4.25x7.5. I also mounted my 5x7 picture onto a mat of orange cardstock. Then layered them all in the center of the brown cardstock. I then had just a few embellishments to the layout.
For the calendar layout, I started with the same measurements as January's LO. Then I hand sketched in the numbers and some of the holidays for September.
Now, I'm not going to lie this takes a long time, but the outcome is well worth it. I selected three main colors of glitter. One for holidays, then two for alternating the days of the week and dates. I started with the dates and did a couple at a time by using my trusty Elmer's glue to trace over my pencil lines, then adding the glitter to the top. The special days for the month, I used were Labor Day, Patriot Day, International Day of Peace and the First Day of Autumn. I just slowly worked my way through each week. I decided I like the calendar without the lines, so I erased all my pencil lines in between the lines.
Thank you for stopping by! Next hop on over to Christel at Scrappin' Sista. for some more great inspiration.
Just in case you get lost along the way, here is the list of all the stops.
1. January and April: Celeste at Touched by a Butterfly
2. January and September: Jessica at Overjoyed Scrapper That is me!
3. February: Christel at Scrappin' Sista
4. February and March: Karelj at One By One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity
5. March and July: Diane at Crafting This Moment
6. April: Bonnie at A Scrap Above
7. May: Michelle at Peanut Butter and Jelly Designs
8. May: Natalie at Timeless Legacy Designs
9. June: Lisa at Lisa's Paper Butterflies
10. June: Jamie at Glitter, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
11. July: Summer and Jennifer at Cricut Diaries
12. August: Denise at Starlight Scrapper
13. August: Gina at Gina Thornton Stamping
14. September: Deb at If It's Groovy
15. October: Rebecca at Creations with Becka
16. October: Lora at Notes From The Scrapbook Lady
17. November: Belinda at Queen Bee's Musings
18. November and December : Col at Col's Creative Corner
19. December: Deb at Tidbit's Place
















Jessica, these are absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for being a part of this hop...you're a great new blog buddy! Karelj
ReplyDeleteBeautiful calendars!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, I am loving this blog hop!
embellishartist@gmail.com
Jessica,
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous! I just love how you can take paper and created this! I love how you staggered the pictures...really impressive!
sheree.burress@gmail.com
cravinscrappin.blogspot.com
Oh I love both months they are super cute! TFS!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Nicole
simple.scrappin at yahoo dot com
Love both, but that pic for September is super adorable! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletesensationallychicboutique(at)gmail(dot)com
Your calendar pages are awesome
ReplyDeleteKathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom
Love your calendars, I like the way you used the snowflake corner on the original paper!!
ReplyDeleteCindy
miller896042atbellsouth.net
Wow! Your calendar pages are amazing. I would have nver thought about making my own. I use the Mom calendar by Sandra Boyton, but next year I could create my own. Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year,
Georgiana
http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/
coachfans at cox dot net
Beautiful pages! I love the glitter and the snowflakes.
ReplyDeletetracyg398@yahoo.com
Your pages are adorable. I especially love "Snow Happy" and all the glittered snowflakes. What fun pages and again a different take on calendar pages. What a fun blog hop.
ReplyDeleteYour layouts and calenders are beautiful! So talented! Thank you so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteContact Info: Incase I get a chance to win the amazing blog candy! Happy New Year to come!
email:
arebori0204@gmail.com
New Blog: www.scraptillyadrop.blogspot.com
Your lay outs look amazing!! So great to be on this hop with some very talented ladies!! Thanks for sharing some of it with us!!! Love it!
ReplyDeleteJennifer
cricutdiaries at yahoo dot com
These are both beautiful layouts!! I really love the design for September and the cute ball fringe! :)
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful calendars... They turned out aweseom
ReplyDeleteSuch cute LO, I really love your snowflakes swirls and the color combo from Sept. Thanks for joining us on this great hop!
ReplyDeleteI love the Layouts on your blog!! So cute I had to become a follower!! TFS!! Take Care!!
ReplyDeleteJennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/
Both of these are great. Love the snowflakes!
ReplyDeleteWOW I love the look of your pages, great layout and calendar together, very sharp!!
ReplyDeleteWow! What to comment on first - LOL. Your fussy cutting is wonderful - really makes it stand out. And the work you put into the calendars - they turned out wonderfully!
ReplyDeleteWOW.....absolutely beautiful calendars. Love the pictures.
ReplyDeleteHi Jessica! Love how we both had September and used the peace symbol ")
ReplyDeleteBoth of your layouts are just adorable! The little girl ( your dd? )is PRECIOUS!!!
Deb♥
groovydeb@yahoo.com
love both ideas. thanks for sharing. i think a calender would make a great gift.
ReplyDeletejoann0214@yahoo.com
Super sweet LO's Love them! Great Job! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty -thanks millierose651@aol.com
ReplyDeleteLovely! I especially like January.
ReplyDeleteI love this idea! Great hop! It just seems like so much work!!
ReplyDeletekacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com
Cute pages. I like how you incorporated season appropriate photos, a nice reminder of fun.
ReplyDeleteJessica,
ReplyDeleteYour pages are amazing! I am so impressed!
WOW!!! This is so detailed. Great job. I love the pictures on both LOs. TFS!
ReplyDeleteChristel
Blog Hop Sista
onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
christel(at)majesticdesigns(dot)net
Lovely pages. I thought what you did with January's Layout page was amazing!
ReplyDeleteHeidi Browning aka Liadan
liadan@liadan-mes.com
WOW Jessica, these are amazing! I love what you did with the snowflake, simply beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAnd adding glitter for the calendar is too cool!
I am honored to be in this hop with you!
I am already a follower of your blog
TFS
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove(at)aol(dot)com
Such beautiful subjects you have for your calendar :)
ReplyDeletekristi(at)igotluckyskraps.com
Jessica,
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking part of this Blog Hop with me. I'm not sure which layout I like best.... That must mean they are equally fabulous... You know what it is? It's the Glitter. I love it!!! Your right about the hand skectched work it does make a difference. You did a great job.
Michelle
mpetrovich23(at)yahoo(dot)com
Gorgeous!!! I love them both... great layouts...and calenders..
ReplyDeletelauraleed48atlivedot
I love your LO's...the glitter makes them extra special,lol. I esp love the way the pages are ready for an album at the end of the year...Thanks for being part of the blog-hop.
ReplyDeletebeautiful pages! TFS!
ReplyDeleteesigmon@cox.net
Jessica your pages are beautiful! Such amazing detail!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for hiopping along with us!
Gina
GRKIDDO
at
Verizon
dot net
I love the idea of putting them in the album after you use them
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pages, Jessica! And I love your photos, too. TFS!
ReplyDeleteWOW love all the bling. Great job!!!
ReplyDeleteannadowdy at gmail dot com
How cute! And what a great idea to add the pages to a scrapbook at the end of the year :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun hop! Love your calendar pages, especially the glitter.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great blog hop and I love these pages! I love Bo Bunny paper and the bling! TFS them :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Scrappin'
Sue B
http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
You have done a wonderful job :)
ReplyDeleteTanya
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com
wowzers!! You put so much work and detail into your calendar layouts. It was worth it!! They turned out just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and for the great instructions so we can recreate!! Love how you cut the snowflake out of the pattern paper. So cool. Thanks for the hop!!
ReplyDeletegaudet5 at rogers dot com
wow! did an awesome job! They are both gorgous
ReplyDeletevery nice job! love the glittered numbers!
ReplyDeletezenzen89@bellsouth.net
www.scrappyzeni.blogspot.com
Jessica, I love your lo's. I really like that you fussy cut the snowflake, that really was a perfect touch to your layout! Great job! The second layout is wonderful as well, I love the picture of Jay, and the papers you picked when awesome with it as well. :D
ReplyDeleteO How Pretty I LOVE the way U did the Lines tooo.. Thank U for sharing..
ReplyDeleteLove the calendar, both months are very lovely, tons of work TFS
ReplyDeletejennyplace26@gmail.com
Jessica those are so cute! Great job!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute idea! Love the pages!
ReplyDeletedfhenson@q.com
Beautiful pages! Thanks for sharing the how to :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
gorgeous calendars!
ReplyDeleteLove these! Your winter one is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteMelissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com
TFS! I also love glitter, so I really like your calendar pages as well as the gorgeous layouts with them.
ReplyDeleteI especially love the Fall LO! Since it's my favorite time of year but I must say I'm a fussy cutter myself! Love all the little details:)
ReplyDelete~Vanessa W
Love the 2nd layout especially!! Very cute, you all have put so much work into these calendars. Great job!! Deb and Natalie sent me so I am going to hop all through now!!
ReplyDeletejmdegruc@yahoo.com
Beautiful calendars! I like all the snowflakes.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
reneeleeak at yahoo dot com
Both of your designs are beautiful! I really love what you did with the big snowflake on the January page!
ReplyDeleteJust stopping by one more time to let you know how much fun I've had hopping with you in the Calendar Hop! I hope you've had tons of fun, gained some new followers and made sure to leave a comment on each blog so you can maybe win the Designer's Calendar! Thanks again...Karelj
ReplyDeleteWOW these are both AMAZING... Really all I can keep saying is wow.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Raven
thatsmerb at gmail dot com
Very pretty! I loved this hop!!
ReplyDeleteJessica,
ReplyDeleteYour calendar pages are beautiful!!! :) I love the way you can use them in a scrapbook when you're done-great idea!
Thanks for sharing,
Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com